Consultant Relations/Institutional Sales
We are seeking an experienced institutional sales professional to pursue new business development opportunities with institutional consultants and investors including public funds, corporates (DB, DC), endowments and foundations, and insurance firms. This individual will be focused on representing the firm’s fixed income products and solutions. Top candidates will have the ability to effectively communicate the investment philosophies, processes, strategies and performance to prospective clients with sophisticated depth of product, investment and pension/institutional knowledge as “proxy” for the investment team. The position reports to the firm’s Head of Distribution.
Essential Function and Basic Job Duties:
- Initiate new business opportunities and grow the firm’s institutional assets under management through a consultative approach. This position will focus primarily on our fixed income strategies including core plus, intermediate, high yield, and LDI (liability-driven investing).
- Develop and execute on a successful sales strategy for public funds, corporates (DB, DC), endowments and foundations, and insurance firms. Represent the firm’s separate account and mutual fund offering.
- Develop a thorough understanding the firm’s fixed income strategies and work closely with the investment team to represent its products and solutions in the marketplace.
- Maintain a high level of sales activity and be actively involved in presentations to prospective investors and the follow-up necessary to give consultants and investors’ confidence in the firm’s experience and investment expertise.
- Cultivate relationships and coordinate new business prospecting efforts with the appropriate follow-up and documentation in the firm’s CRM.
- Coordinate sales activities with members of investment management, marketing, and sales to develop new business relationships.
- Assumes additional duties as needed or as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Interested candidates must have a minimum of seven years in an institutional direct and consultative sales role at an investment management firm, and be known for delivering and exceeding results against goal.
- Must have at least four years of proven institutional experience selling fixed income investment products and solutions to institutional investors and consultants. Experience in insurance market preferred.
- Must have very strong financial, pension and fixed income investment acumen.
- Proven success in building long-term relationships and in presenting during “finals” meetings, leveraging a keen understanding of the sales cycle. Possess a focused and strategic approach to the market.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and influencing skills, along with a demonstrated team orientation and collaborative nature.
- Organizationally “savvy” individual, who understands how to navigate organizations, communicate clearly, gain alignment, and execute.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, driven, long-term oriented and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Position based in Denver, Colorado.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage
- Dependent Care and Health Care Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Business Travel Insurance