Internal Sales Consultant
Directly support the firm’s intermediary sales and service effort. Proactively sell investment products (both mutual funds and SMA (separately managed accounts) via phone and email through one or more of the following intermediaries: RIAs, financial advisors/brokers, banks, and TAMPs (turnkey asset management programs). Identifies new sales opportunities, initiates and/or follows up on sales calls, provides intermediaries with product stories and sales ideas, answers product and service questions, and provide performance and other data.
Essential Function and Basic Job Duties:
- Initiates outbound sales telephone calls to clients and prospective clients to position, promote and sell Denver Investments’ products and to communicate relevant company updates. Utilizes knowledge of company products to develop business. (25%)
- Proactively follows up with clients and prospective clients to provide sales ideas, answers product questions, provide performance data, identify new sales opportunities, and help launch new products. (25%)
- Answers inbound calls to our advisor line to respond to inquiries, provide answers, support needs and identify selling opportunities and pass on to appropriate sales investment consultant. (10%)
- Use CRM and other databases to identify potential new prospects. (10%)
- Supports sales and client relationships by providing research material, including competitive analytics, and administrative follow-up and support. (15%)
- Uses client relationship management (CRM) database software applications and other departmental databases to track client interactions and the progression of each client relationship. (10%)
- Travels on a limited basis, to attend client events or conferences, or with external wholesaler in the field for territory familiarity and professional development. (5%)
- Work addititonal time as needed to meet deadlines or deleiverables.
- Occassional travel may be required.
- Assumes additional duties as needed or as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and training required:
- B.S. or B.A. in a related field.
- Two or more years of related experience and/or training in a client support or internal sales role.
- Previous experience in the mutual fund/financial services industry and/or training is preferred.
- Series 6 and 63 licenses required within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge of mutual fund/SMA/financial industry products and services to promote and sell company mutual fund products and SMAs, and to respond to client inquiries, provide answers, and to identify selling opportunities.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to initiate outbound sales calls and emails to clients to provide sales ideas, answers product questions, provide performance data, identify new sales opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to develop strategic business relationships.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to use client relationship management (CRM) database software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage
- Dependent Care and Health Care Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Business Travel Insurance