Key Accounts, Intermediary Distribution
We are seeking an experienced sales professional to manage our Key Accounts for the firm’s intermediary distribution channels, which include bank trust, TAMP (turnkey asset management program), broker/dealer, RIA, and self-directed platforms. This professional will have oversight for the strategic business development initiatives of the most significant and complex Key Accounts. In this role, he/she will represent the complete suit of the firm’s products and investment vehicles; including mutual funds and separate accounts/SMA. Top candidates will have the ability to effectively communicate the investment philosophies, processes, strategies, and performance to prospective clients with sophisticated depth of product, investment, and intermediary channel knowledge as “proxy” for the investment team.
Essential Function and Basic Job Duties:
- Develop and execute on the strategic business development initiatives for the most significant and complex Key Accounts within channels including bank trust, TAMPs, RIA, and self-directed platforms, broker/dealer (national wires, and regional and independent broker/dealers).
- Within these channels, build the firm’s business and deepen cross-firm relationships. Initiatives include developing new and long-term partnerships with clients, driving sales and marketing launches of the firm’s mutual fund and SMA strategies, negotiating economic arrangements, and accelerating net new revenue growth within each relationship.
- Work closely with sales professionals on intermediary distribution team to leverage resources throughout execution of business development initiatives.
- Coordinate sales activities with members of investment management, marketing, and sales to develop new business relationships.
- Assumes additional duties as needed or as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Eight to ten plus year’s industry experience preferred: in asset management or wealth management; CFA or CIMA preferred.
- Proven strategic business development, negotiating, and managerial experience.
- Client relationship management experience required.
- Clean compliance record; no contractual restrictions on distribution of investment products.
- Highly commercial individual, with proven strategic business development and deal negotiating skills.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills; a creative thought leader.
- Demonstrated client relationship skills; organizationally “savvy” individual, who understands how to navigate organizations, communicate clearly, gain alignment, and execute.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales, and influencing skills; along with a demonstrated team orientation and collaborative nature.
- Highly energetic, flexible, and motivated, with a commitment to sales leadership and excellence.
- Exceptional written and oral communications.
- Deep knowledge of asset and wealth management; must have very strong financial, investment, and intermediary distribution acumen.
- Collegial team player able to form strong relationships within team and across groups at the firm.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage
- Dependent Care and Health Care Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Business Travel Insurance