Assists the Value Research Team in conducting investigative research, analysis, and portfolio construction, primarily in the Small and Mid-Cap universe, with a sole focus on dividend-paying stocks. The ideal candidate is passionate about stock research and has life/career experience that lends conviction to their analysis and the ability to convey those convicted conclusions to the team despite potential disagreement from the team and other market participants. The candidate should look forward to joining a team that strives for a culture of healthy conflict in decision-making and be willing to look for contrarian opportunities.
Essential Function and Basic Job Duties:
- Undertake extensive proprietary research on candidate companies and monitor existing holdings.
- Conduct unsolicited calls to develop a network of industry contacts.
- Perform data collection, industry research, analysis, and report conclusions to aid in the investment decision-making process.
- Proactively ask for work and take on responsibility.
- Regularly communicate findings to the analyst team.
- Participate in group discussions/meetings.
- Assist in representing the team and investment process in front of clients and prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Three to five years of related research experience. Equity research using a Value-oriented approach is preferred. Experience covering the Financials and/or REIT sectors would bring added benefit.
- Strong academic background and high levels of intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with experience collaborating effectively across multiple stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Superior skills in organization and time management.
- Displays superior communication skills and integrity.
- Ability to receive and provide candid feedback.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Utilizes patience throughout all processes, including in times of disagreement.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Extensive Excel experience is required; familiarity with FactSet is preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation highly desirable.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage
- Dependent Care and Health Care Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Business Travel Insurance